longenecker

About Me

We are a family seeking to follow Gods direction for our family even if that means getting out of our comfort zone and doing something radical!

Monday, July 23, 2012

God is so good

                                                        GOD IS SO GOOD!!    
   
Anyone ever hear of a $3300 garage sale?  


I'm am just speechless! (that does not happen very often)


WOW!!       That's the only word that comes to mind!     Saturday was AMAZING!!!   
And yet Wednesday was wonderful in its own special way! )    The sale selection was pretty empty and down to just misc. items.     SO....... the prayers went out that we needed "stuff" and especially home decor and kid items  as clothing wasn't selling so well and Guess what? 


 WHY ....... Am I surprised?     
 (Oh, ME of little faith)   We were abundantly replenished over the last 3 days.  Kind friends passed it on to their friends and even  total strangers were donating to "Baby Chance".   I actually walked out into my driveway to meet a total stranger who had been given my address and was bringing her children's old bicycles.  We had a kind woman who came to the sale to shop on Saturday ,  come back on Wednesday to bring items for us  to sell.  Is that just sweet or what?


We had so many  fabulous friends come work...... Even in the 104 temp. And lot's of YUMMY food was brought for us workers. ( I still can't believe there was zucchini in those brownies)


Ultimately to my surprise or disbelief God really showed me!


When we stepped out and said "YES" this time to adoption we didn't know where the $$$ would come from.  We knew he would have to do something BIG and Provide.   God has really strengthen My FAITH through these last 2 days.  He wants to be glorified in this and we want all the glory to be HIS!
This has been so encouraging and just lifted up our spirits.  We were shown through a Garage Sale that HE cares and so do a lot of others. He definitely provided!


And Yes...... The grand total was $3300


We had to make  a payment due to Holt (our Home study agency)  of $2500


And we need to file our I-800 with Immigration and the filing fees are $720


I'm guessing our lab fees for all our medical test will be around $75




So I close with how I opened.....


GOD IS SO GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment